HOME
Revert to earlier web face

AnGenMap Archived Post

From listmasteranimalgenome.org  Fri Jul  5 09:18:06 2024
From: "vincenzo Landi" <vincenzo.landiuniba.it>
Postmaster: submission approved by list moderator
To: Members of AnGenMap <angenmapanimalgenome.org>
Subject: chicken samples or genotype for comparative study
Date: Fri, 05 Jul 2024 09:18:06 -0500
Dear Colleague,

Our research group is initiating a study using SNPs array on an indigenous
chicken population in the Apulia region of Italy (the Leccese breed). This
breed originated from a synthetic cross around the 1930s using local
populations. In our ongoing DNA study, particularly to define the population
structure, we would like to compare it with types from the Balkan area and
Greece, as there have been significant commercial exchanges between these
regions and Apulia.

If anyone is interested in providing available genotypic data or DNA from any
local population, we could discuss a potential collaboration.

Thank you in advance

Best Regards

Vincenzo Landi

here a picture of a typical male and female:
https://www.animalgenome.org/...b/9327.png

La rustica e parca gallina leccese, ottima covatrice e madre amorosa - Il
Delfino e la Mezzaluna - Fondazione Terra D'Otranto

--
Vincenzo Landi, PhD
Animal Breeding and Genetics

© 2003-2024: USA · USDA · NRPSP8 · Program to Accelerate Animal Genomics Applications. Contact: Bioinformatics Team